Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Saying No to myself

So I am learning to say no to myself... It's not easy as I have always been impulsive with money I've made, lol, at least it wasn't with credit cards or something. But anyway, I still wanted to pay tribute to them. Lol.
Things I/We have given up or put on the waiting list in my/our dedication to our TMMO include;
a PS3 (We had specific money coming in for this, in full, but decided to put it towards our EF)
Lost game for PS3
Various movies on BlueRay
A two night anniversary trip to Park City
So many Restaraunts/Fast Food
So many impulse buys for kitchen goods from Walmart, Target, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond
A new bed frame/mattresses & sheet sets
A camping trip to somewhere nice
New shoes
A dress
Every cake decorating accessory under the sun
Gifts for people
Various video games mitch would love to have
Flying or even driving to see my sister and her kids at least once a month or once every two months... (This one is really hard not to do when I see the money we've built up)

When I want something, I have to tell myself "NO!" and "Live like no one else, so later you can live like no one else."
Sigh.

2 comments:

Jana said...

ok I have an idea, save up your money and then come visit us when it cools down. Haha Never mind then it would be November and we'd be seeing you that month anyway!

The Reimers Family said...

You are doing a good thing, You are setting a great example to people like me who really would rather spend than save.